Cornerpin tracking tutorial

From Omar Brown (@colorgrade13):
This is a Natron Digital Compositor corner-pin tracker tutorial. It is shorter than an hour. I had slowly went through the workflow for the corner-pin tracking and I had a lot of side notes to be aware of in an intermediate/advance tutorial in the future. This tutorial was recorded at my desk in my office. I was trying to go as fast I can.

Please feel free to contact me on NatronNation (https://www.facebook.com/groups/NatronNation) for further details about this video.

Thanks for posting my tutorial until I had created a new account.

My next tutorial will cover more intermediate material like offset tracking.

I hope everyone will enjoy this tutorial. Thomas Morley and I were talking today about other ways of doing tracking. I will create more tutorials with the Natron tracker. Some features will include the need to pre-process your footage if you are tracking against a green screen and want to use the channel mask to help get the contrast you need for a more robust track.

I will also create a tutorial to have a more clear understanding with offset tracking. I will explain why understanding planes while tracking will solidify your understanding of offset tracking. This explanation is more technical than the actual process.

But most importantly that I didn’t or forgot to mention in the cornerpin tracking tutorial, is that contrast is key with every tracking software. The better the contrast between the marker and the surface under the marker, the better your tracking data will output.

The attached image is just a prelude to what will be coming when you may need to pre-process your green screen surfaces. Especially when your background and markers are close together in Hue/Color.